Praz sur Arly – Haute Savoie
Situated in Haute-Savoie, in the Val d’Arly, between Megève and Flumet, a stone’s throw from the Mont Blanc, the Beaufortain and the Aravis, the ski resort of Praz sur Arly is located 1035 m high and connected and part of the Espace Diamant and its 192 km of slopes. Famous for its flights in hot air balloon and its major base of the aerosol of mountain, Praz sur Arly also cultivates the authenticity, its mountain heritage and its family spirit (station stationed Family Plus).
The resort of Praz sur Arly is easily accessible from Albertville where the A43 passes 30 km away (the bus connection lasts 45 minutes from the TGV station – special direct trains in winter season from Paris, Nantes, Strasbourg And Lille), from Sallanches, where the A40 passes at 17 km (TGV station also), as well as from the airports of Geneva (1 hour) and Lyon St-Exupéry (1h45 – regular coach connections).
The Praz sur Arly ski area, surrounded by the Crêt du Midi (1884 m) and Ban Rouge (1983 m), is close to that of Flumet and Notre Dame de Bellecombe, with which Praz sur Arly shares the same ski area Space Espace Diamant.
► The Alpine ski area
The ski area of Praz sur Arly is part of Espace Diamant, a connected domain that the family resort shares with Crest-Voland / Cohennoz, Flumet, Notre Dame de Bellecombe, Les Saisies / Hauteluce, and which offers 158 trails (30 green, 49 blue, 69 red, 10 black, 82 lifts) for 192 km of gliding stages between 1000 m in Flumet / Les Seigneurs (a few cables above Flumet / Saint Nicolas La Chapelle) and 2069 m of altitude at the summit From Mont du Vorès to the arrival of the chairlift of Plan des Fours and that of Douce.
The ski slopes of Praz sur Arly / L’Espace Diamant offer a nature ski to enjoy between forests, mountain pastures and villages. The domain raviera the families with 60% of green and blue tracks but also the good to very good skiers thanks to some more technical tracks traced on more than 1000 m of uneven. The chains of Mont Blanc and the Aravis in the background give the panoramas a grandiose aspect.
Not to be missed: the Saute-Mouton itinerary and its collection of mythical views of Mont Blanc, Pierra Menta, the Aravis Gate and the Roselend and Girotte dams. Or the descent between the summit of Mont du Vorès and Mont Rond: itinerary offering a sensation of pure gliding in alpine pastures. An extension of the itinerary towards the Roc des Evettes on the domain of Flumet makes it possible to finish by beautiful steep slopes in the forest.
Finally for those looking for altitude difference: departure from the summit of Vorès (2069 m) then direction Ban Rouge which culminates in 1983 m. From there, the descent is drawn naturally by the tracks (black, red or blue depending on the level) or in the forest. In total it is not less than 1000 m of unevenness until the arrival in front of snow of Praz sur Arly.
► Snowparks and playgrounds of Praz sur Arly
The ski area of Praz sur Arly / L’Espace Diamant offers 3 play areas dedicated to children.
– The Opoualand trail located on the snow front is accessible from the double ski lift Baby 1 and 2 or from the Rosière chairlift. This playful and pedagogical space entirely dedicated to children, proposes multiple attractions (slalom with raised turns, porticos, games of skill).
– And two Waouland trails (paths dotted with natural obstacles, stepping stones, raised turns and whoops for fun to excel with family or friends). The first one is located on the blue slope Petit Tétras accessible from the Quezet ski lift and the second on the piste Les 3 Coins from the ski lift of the same name.
9 boardercross and 3 snowparks complete the offer on the entire Espace Diamant ski area.
► Practicing cross-country skiing in Praz sur Arly
Nordic skiing, a loop of 10 km in the plain of l’Arly is free access from the snow front (chalet ESF, sector Varins). The route takes the direction of the plain of Cassioz then of Mègeve in flat and sunny ground. This one is accessible to beginners and regular practitioners (classic or skating).
A shorter alternative: the Cassioz loop (5 km). The itinerary joins the hamlet of Cassioz and then leaves for Praz-sur-Arly.
Praz sur Arly also offers two marked trails for snowshoeing. The circuit of the Evettes (pleasant course of 1h50 A / R in the forest and clearings) offering beautiful views of the massif of Aravis and the Arly valley. Access: either from the Rosière chairlift (pedestrian access with charge) or by car, by joining the Bernards or the Grabilles car park.
► The best of Praz sur Arly
– A tour of the Wouaouland courses for unprecedented moments on the slopes.
– The Saute-Mouton itinerary for its mythical points of view on Mont Blanc, Pierra Menta, and Les Aravis: itinerant skiing easy to take full eyes.
– A hot air balloon flight for an unforgettable moment!
► The main events not to be missed in Praz sur Arly
Many events and animations enhance the winter season in Praz sur Arly. Here are the most remarkable:
– The Montgolfiades Internationales (beginning of January): Since 1990, this unique event in the region brings together about twenty crews to the delight of the public who can approach and contemplate these giants of the air during flights, baptisms and demonstrations.
– The Yooner Challenge (end of January): derby and dual of this new slide coming from the traditional paret. Good times with this format of offset racing featuring challenge, conviviality and sportiness.
– Le Praz Adrénaline Contest (end of February): nocturnal freestyle contest that ensures the atmosphere on the snow front.
► For learning skiing
The French Ski School of Praz sur Arly teaches all the skis for all levels. Children are welcomed at the age of 3 by a competent team in a secure and adapted snow garden. In parallel, an all-inclusive package for children from 3 to 5 years old with a nursery and skiing in the snow garden is offered.
► For the care of your children
The “Les Pralinous” center offers a micro-crèche and a nursery where children from 6 months to 6 years (5 years old) can be accommodated in a chalet of over 100 m2 with a games room, rest rooms and a garden.
Google Translate for Business:Translator ToolkitWebsite TranslatorGlobal Market Finder
Ski Areas: Espace Diamant and also Evasion Mont Blanc
- Espace Diamant ski area
- 182kms of pistes
- 82 lifts (many more in Espace Diamant)
- Evasion Mont-Blanc ski area
- 445kms of pistes
- 88 lifts
- Geneva: 1h00
- Chambery: 1h10
- Lyon: 1h45
- Sallanches station: 17km by road
- Albertville station: 30km by road