Megève Ski Property for Sale
Less than 1 hour from Geneva awaits you the most authentic mountain village in the Alps. Skiing in Megeve is 445 kilometres of pistes in an exceptional setting but not only: gastronomy, events, relaxation and shopping in the paradise of après ski nestled in the heart of the Pays du Mont Blanc.
When you buy a ski property in Megève, it also gives you access to 1 snow park, 188 pistes, 400kms of pistes and of course, direct access to one of the biggest ski areas in Savoie: the Evasion Mont-Blanc.
Megève – The ski resort
Megève: A village in the heart of the Evasion Mont Blanc ski area
Experience skiing in a unique area that combines trails, forest, alpine farms and sunny terraces on several mountains. A ski area suitable for families who find Megève soft and reassuring slopes to have fun with children. Lovers of wide open spaces will meet on the Cote 2000 massif, which benefits from quality snow thanks to its exhibition. Freestyle fans are not left out with a dedicated space that allows jumps safely on a giant airbag. As you can see in Megève, the ski paradise is only 180 kilometres from Lyon.
Megève is a typical Haute-Savoie village that will not leave you indifferent. With a history and a heritage out of the ordinary, the village has a soul that goes far beyond the images we have of this unique place. Ambassador of local gastronomy revisited by Michelin-starred Chefs, it’s a destination that lives every season. Cultural and sporting events punctuate the local life, and everyone will find in Megève an emotion that will not leave indifferent. It’s up to you to discover the legend behind Megève …
Megève is also:
– A casino, bars, clubs
– the ambassador for well-being with spas and relaxation areas
– swimming pools, ice rinks, curling
– sledge dogs
– an altiport
Megève ski area
► The Alpine ski area
Megève is at the heart of the Evasion Mont Blanc estate, which offers 445 kilometres of slopes. A vast open field in the form of an amphitheatre with, at each summit, a unique view of the Mont Blanc massif. Alpine pastures, fir forests, and wide open spaces alternate for authentic skiing in an exceptional environment.
In Megève, the powder is not reserved for the elite of advanced skiers. Skiers like you and me also have the right to taste the pleasure of the slopes, without venturing on dangerous trails off-piste. Indeed, in Megève, after a snowfall, not all tracks are automatically groomed. Several tracks are left untouched, which gives all skiers, whatever their level, to enjoy the fresh snow without risking off-piste.
► Snowpark and new snow sports in Megève
Freestylers at heart, go to Megève! Accessible to all snowboarders or skiers, amateurs or professionals, the Waidzai Park offers a wide range of modules to discover without delay! Its goal: to introduce novices to the joys of freestyle thanks to modules that are easier than in a classic snowpark.
Open all winter season, the Waidzai Park comes in ten attractive modules: whoops, pyramids, turns, hip, small jumps and boardercross. All in a space of 500 meters long, where neophytes can chain jumps at their own pace and experienced freestylers improve.
► The Nordic ski area of Megève
Lovers of Nordic skiing, join the Cote 2000, and you will find your happiness: a beautiful reception chalet with room off-bag and mini-bar, excellent snow … On the lower part, beginners benefit from trays that offer good skiing conditions on well-groomed pistes with many widths. Further, the tracks are a little more technical and draw very beautiful routes, in particular the loop of Javen.
► The essentials of Megève
– The video Zone on the Waidzai Park Rochebrune in partnership with the ESF Megève: after passing a badge from the Park, 3 cameras follow the rider who has only to go to the site of lifts mechanics to recover the video for free.
– BMW xDrive Security Experience: A life-size safety workshop on the Schuss red run at Mont d’Arbois. The idea is to reach a maximum speed in kilometres launched and then analyse with a professional the risks and attitudes to adopt to control this speed. This workshop is free.
► Highlights not to miss in Megève
Each winter, Megève hosts and/or organizes some major sporting and cultural events that it would be a shame not to enjoy during your stay:
– The illumination of the Christmas tree: The inevitable appointment of the season launch that everyone expects (in December)
– The great odyssey: The most difficult dog sledge race in the world, a real adventure that crosses the Alps for more than 1000 kilometres (in January)
– The BMW polo masters: A tournament with a worldwide reputation, international teams meet for one of the highlights of winter Megévan (in January)
– Freestyle Ski World Cup: Megève organises a Freestyle Ski World Cup event every year in the Cote 2000 area (usually in February)