Les Saisies The Ski Resort
The ski resort of Les Saisies is a village resort on a human scale, family and friendly, which has preserved, in its evolution, a traditional and harmonious architecture within a preserved nature.
Dubbed by some the “French Tyrol” (for the beauty of its landscapes and the breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and Mont Blanc) or even “snow storehouse of Savoy” (for its exceptional snow conditions) , the resort of Les Saisies is located 40 minutes from Albertville, between Beaufortain and Val d’Arly, link between Savoie and Haute Savoie.
Les Saisies own ski area boasts 61 pistes for a total of 77kms, 1 snow park, etc.
Dubbed by some the “French Tyrol” (for the beauty of its landscapes and the breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and Mont Blanc) or even “snow storehouse of Savoie” (for its exceptional snow conditions), the resort of Les Saisies is located 40 minutes from Albertville, between Beaufortain and Val d’Arly, on border between Savoie and Haute Savoie.
The alpine ski area of Les Saisies has expanded considerably in recent years and now offers 77km of pistes from the resort to the pass but also from Hauteluce and Bisanne 1500. Espace Diamant which links Les Saisies, Hauteluce, Bisanne Crest Voland Notre Dame de Bellecombe, Flumet and Praz sur Arly offer 192 km of varied pistes and breathtaking views.
Theeasy terrain in the vicinity of Les Saisies ski resort is also ideal for children and beginners. The tracks of the Espace Diamant are much longer and more challenging though.
► The alpine ski area
With 77 kilometers of pistes that are, for the most part, easy, the Les Saisies ski area ranks among the most accessible areas for everyone. Here you do not need to have a lot of technical skills to be able to walk the ski runs along, across and across. Even with an average level of skiing, you will be able to venture on all slopes of the domain:
– to the east Mount Bisane (ideal sector to start your day of skiing in the sun)
– in the west the Chard du Beurre and the Légette (sector linking with the neighboring resorts of Crest Voland and Notre Dame de Bellecombe).
In these areas, it is possible to link the green and blue slopes and to offer a “ski ride” itinerary facing Mont Blanc, between Beaufortain and Val d’Arly.
The most experienced skiers will find a more technical playground on the lower sector of Hauteluce (red Lanches trail, route of the Meadows …), under chairlifts Chamois (Black Trail of the Kamikaze) and the Légette, or even on the newly equipped Bellastra sector.
But Les Saisies is also the highest and most important resort in the Espace Diamant ski area (created in 2005) which links Hauteluce-Les Saisies to Crest-Voland-Cohennoz, Flumet, Notre-Dame-de – Bellecombe and Praz-sur-Arly. Space nestled at the foot of Mont Blanc, between Beaufortain and Val d’Arly, Espace Diamant ski area totals 192 kilometers of track (45% are covered by the production of snow culture) and allows all slides between 1000 and 2000 meters of altitude …
► How to reach nearby ski resorts?
From Les Saisies it is possible (provided you opt for the corresponding package) to join the neighboring resorts of Espace Diamant skis. For this, the easiest way is to take the Chard du Beurre chairlift. At the summit, start the descent via the blue track of the Grouse before forking on the blue Trolliers to reach the chairlift Brichou. The blue run of the same name will then take you to the chairlift of Douce which will allow you to reach the highest point of the ski area (at 2069 meters altitude). From there you will have direct access to the slopes of Notre Dame de Bellecombe.
The Saisies resort is also connected to Crest-Voland / Cohennoz via the chairlift Les Bâches, which goes up the skiers towards the arrival of TS Covetan des Saisies, or on Mont Lachat at Crest Voland.
A link track is also accessible from the bottom of the blue track of the Squirrels of the Saisies, which makes it possible to join the sector of the Cernix of Crest-Voland / Cohennoz. It is a long way in the middle of a huge forest.
► Snowparks and play areas of Les Saisies
To have fun on the slopes while having fun, head for the forest of Elves. This playground accessible by the track Blanchos, is an invitation to discover the fantastic world of Tauron, a little elf very chenapan! Enigmas, sound and light games are added to the bumps and other bends raised to enhance the glide. This space is now completed by the Elf mountains on Mount Bisanne (on the lower part of the blue slope of the sheepfold). This time it is Snoot who accompanies you to make you discover his universe (bumps, tunnels, banked turns, games …) to ski while having fun …
Another remarkable recreational area: The Marmottons’ course to cross-country skiing. In this fun zone, children will be able to embark on a treasure hunt in nature combining Nordic skiing and puzzles to solve. To obtain a diploma, nothing is simpler: start by recovering a booklet at the Tourist Office, search for tags scattered throughout the course of 4 km and take up the challenges.
► Practice cross-country skiing in Les Saisies
The Nordic ski area of Les Saisies has been known worldwide since 1992 for hosting all Nordic ski events (cross-country skiing + biathlon) at the Albertville Olympic Winter Games. The 120 km of Nordic routes are among the highest in Europe. This altitude and the microclimate enjoyed by the Col des Saisies are the guarantee of snowmaking from mid-December (often even before) to the end of April. Between the plateau and the forest, dotted with small clearings, the Nordic domain is located on a natural area of exceptional beauty, with views of Mont Blanc, the Aravis and the Combe de Savoie, far from the ski lifts, noise and a crowd.
– the opening of the ski area in the company of trackers rescuer: The sun just up, trackers and drivers of chairlifts take a few privileged discover behind the scene.
– Take control of a groomer: Notice to the souls of pilots, Les Saisies offer new sensations with this baptism of snow groomer or flying lessons. A different way of understanding driving on snow on more or less steep slopes.
– free introductions to biathlon laser shooting (mandatory prior registration at the tourist office of Les Saisies)
– introduction to the driving of dog sled dogs: Mushing enthusiasts can try the joys of the driving team under the guidance of a Musher des Saisies.
– try the fat bike: Les Saisies have adopted and the youngest of the two wheels is offered for rent in the resort and throughout the winter season. Possibility of borrowing some marked trails in fat bike and being framed.
– the aquasportif center of the Signal and its impregnable 360 ° view on the surrounding massifs.
– The Mountain Twister: Mounted on rails, this sledge all season is a source of thrills. Over nearly 800 meters, and up to 8 meters above the ground, the landscapes scroll at full speed for maximum sensations.