Les Gets The Ski Resort
Located between Lake Geneva and Mont Blanc and part of the Franco-Swiss Portes du Soleil, Les Gets ski resort is a charming village with typical Savoyard architecture, a real Eldorado for mountain lovers looking for authenticity and well-being.
When you buy a ski property in Les Gets it is also access to 1 snow park, 71 pistes, 117kms of pistes and of course direct access to one of the biggest ski areas in the world: Les Portes du Soleil.
Les Gets – The ski resort
In winter, access to the lifts is easy and immediate. It is thus skis to the feet that one leaves with the discovery of the 120 kilometers of tracks of the ski area of Les Gets, between fir trees and mountain pastures. On both sides of the village, there are 2 slopes, Chavannes and Mont Chéry. With a great technical diversity, these two playgrounds are perfect for both beginners and skiers.
Respect for traditions, warm welcome and quality services are the main concerns for everyone to keep a unique, unforgettable memory of their stay.
Les Gets ski area
► The alpine ski area
Les Gets is part of the Portes du Soleil, one of the largest ski areas in the world which includes 12 stations on horseback between France and Switzerland and 650 kilometers of slopes. At the gates of Geneva, it is a territory without borders, breathtaking panoramas and fun skiing between fir trees and pastures.
In concrete terms, the Les Gets ski area consists of two sectors:
– Facing the Mont Blanc mountain range, Mont Chéry is the privileged slope of distinguished skiers. More intimate, it is perfect for contemplatives and powder enthusiasts. With a predominance of red and black slopes but also two slalom stadiums and an airbag snowpark, it is the favorite place for sportsmen, freestylers and ski-clubs who train there regularly.
– The Chavannes slope offers varied slopes adapted to all levels. It is also ideal for families with its play areas and spaces reserved for children and beginners, grouped in the same sector.
Another specificity of Les Gets ski area: Les Mappys area. This totally free zone is a real asset for the ski area because it allows beginners to get to know the skiing safely at a safe distance from experienced skiers. Accessible at the arrival of the Chavannes gondola, this learning area is located in a quiet and secure environment away from the so-called classic ski area. It consists of two treadmills and two telecords to evolve on a gently sloping terrain.
► Snowpark and play areas of Les Gets
What better for the addicts of the new gliding than to evolve facing one of the most beautiful panoramas of the area? The Mont Chéry snowpark is equipped with rails, boxes, kicks and other modules popular with freestylers. At the bottom of the track is also an airbag on which riders can learn the basics of freestyle or perfect their technique for the more experienced. This inflatable cushion of 15x11m allows a soft reception for a maximum of security.
Accessible to the general public, the boardercross Déborah Anthonioz was developed and designed on the advice of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Games vice-champion of the discipline, a native of Les Gets and ambassador of the resort.
With its territory of the Grand Cry, the station des Gets also thinks of the youngest (5/12 years). This Indian-and-Trapper-themed boarding area features a mini-slalom course, moguls, decorations, a sound track and a trappers’ hut with games of skill and music. In the heart of the forest teepees are nestled by which the Indian-animators make up skiers in grass and offer drawing contests and treasure hunts every week in season.
► Nordic ski area of Les Gets
Les Gets offers 25 kilometers of cross-country ski trails marked out and arranged in double track and skating. These cross-country ski trails are spread over the Chavannes (access by gondola or by road) and on Mont-Chéry (access by gondola).
Après-ski in Les Gets
► Off-ski activities in Les Gets
As far as activities are concerned, the Les Gets resort is not far behind and offers a wide range of leisure activities and entertainments that delight both children and adults: Go on a hike with the ski lifts, snowshoeing, indulge in cross-country skiing, take the opportunity of a baptism of the air paragliding or a ride in sled dogs … So many activities offered to Les Gets.
And because the holidays are the perfect time to recharge your batteries and regain its vitality, those who need to disconnect and forget the stress of everyday life will head for the Spa Séréni Cimes, for a massage, a detoxing break in the hammam or under a shower sensory …
► Bars / pubs and restaurants of Les Gets
To make the most of your day of skiing, choose the dozens of mountain restaurants located in the ski area: HQ, Païka, Grande Urse, Wetzet, Grand Cry … all are directly accessible on skis. !
But the station des Gets also offers a good thirty restaurant in the heart of the resort including the inevitable Fruitière des Perrières (a true institution Les Gets …) and some tables selected by the Gault Millau: The Saint Laurent, Les Crychar dinners, Le Tourbillon …
To share a good time with friends over a drink, go to one of the bars of the resort (which has a fortnight). Atmosphere at the foot of the slopes at the Aprèski (the spot to relax in music after a nice day on the slopes), tapas and home-made beers (the inevitable “Gétoise”) at the Irish Pub, warm atmosphere and cozy atmosphere and muffled at the Black Bear … it’s up to you!
Party-goers are on their way to the Igloo, LA Les Gets Historic Nightclub, which focuses on a convivial, “Chalet” festive atmosphere worthy of its heritage, far different from traditional club nights.
Our recommendations for your stay in Les Gets
► The must-haves of Les Gets
– The discovery of the “ski safari” on the huge ski area of the Portes du Soleil (between France and Switzerland) and the art of living in the mountains in winter!
– The Perrières videopark: to see evolve in a parallel slalom ski or snowboard, it is now possible thanks to this play area equipped with cameras and integrated timing (free and open to all, access via the chairlift Perrières express, at the bottom of the Mélèzes track).
– La Fruitière des Perrières: authentic, cozy and a little retro side at a time, with a special atmosphere and a more than warm atmosphere, this hostel is a must address of the resort!
– Night snowshoeing with aperitif under igloo: A timeless stroll under the stars, with a magnificent view of the village at night allows you to reach a real igloo in which is served a dinner aperitif decorated with local products.
– Ski-joering park: if you like sliding in all its forms and contact with animals, you escape and enjoy another approach to the mountain in respect of nature and the environment, ski-joering is made for you !
– An aperitif in the Mont Chéry gondola with the key, an exceptional night view of the village (only for Valentine’s Day)