Les Carroz d’Araches The Ski Resort
Surprising, captivating, relaxing, intoxicating … the qualifiers are many to describe the ski resort of Les Carroz, at the gateway to the Grand Massif. Winter or summer, Les Carroz d’Araches, perched at an altitude of 1140m, on a west-facing plateau, seduces all mountain lovers and are ideal for perfectly successful family holidays.
With 265 kilometers of slopes, located between Lake Geneva and the Mont-Blanc massif, the Grand Massif ski area (with the Flaine, Les Carroz, Morillon, Samoëns and Sixt Fer à Cheval resorts since 1982) offers a choice of more extensive to all lovers of skiing.
Green, blue, red, black pistes … beginners and advanced skiers can enjoy all the variety of pistes. Here, the phrase “family skiing” is finally achieved. The resort has also received the “Family Plus” label.
The varied ski area of Les Carroz is made up of around 40 kilometers of pistes traced between 1140 and 2120 meters above sea level. With a majority of blue runs, it is particularly suitable for advanced skiers. Children and beginners will find an ideal playground thanks to the space located at the top of the Kédeuze gondola and its covered carpet 120 m long.
For those who wish to ski in the open sea, can join the Grand Massif ski area which connects the stations of Carroz, Morillon, Samoens, Sixt Fer à Cheval in Flaine. Located between Lake Geneva and the Mont Blanc massif, it is an exceptional place that offers postcard landscapes. Two options are available to you:
– opt for the package Massif and its 145 kilometers of trails (the Carroz, Morillon, Samoens and Sixt Fer à Cheval), largely enough to get rid of thighs …
– choose the XXL option Grand Massif package that opens the doors of 265 kilometers of slopes. A week of vacation will surely not be enough to discover them all!
Small suggestion: The “Cascades walk” (requires a Grand Massif package). A superb route for an unforgettable day. Departure from the top of the Flaine cable car, crossing the Sixt Fer à Cheval nature reserve and the Gers valley. On arrival, a free shuttle will take you back to Samoëns and Morillon to return to Les Carroz. Attention: itinerary for good skier.
► Snowparks and play areas of Carroz
For experts, it is preferable to opt for the Grand Massif package which will give you access to the snowparks and other play areas mostly located on the neighboring area of Flaine.
Located in the Aujon sector, the Jampark de Flaine is reserved for experienced freestylers. It is a place of conviviality between riders with its host chalet and the organization of free-sessions (animations) with barbecue, DJ, snowparty …
Thrill-seekers will enjoy the Combe de Gers, a wild slope for experienced skiers. Long, technical, steep with its 800m vertical drop, the descent on this exceptional powder offers a moment of pure magic, as the descent of the Lindars. Those who prefer bumps on a black track, join The Black Eagle from the Head of Saix, descent to Samoens, good technical level required.
► The Nordic ski area of Les Carroz
Some ten kilometers distant and accessible by a free shuttle service from the resort, there are two cross-country skiing sites: the Agy and the Col de Pierre Carrée.
– Overlooking Saint-Sigismond, the Agy plateau is a sunny plateau offering exceptional panoramic views of the Giffre and Arve valleys. Everyone will find his happiness: the beginner will learn to slide on easy tracks while the confirmed founder will be guaranteed to make several loops without ironing in his tracks
– At 1844 m above sea level, overlooking the Arve valley, the Flaine and Carroz resorts, the Col de Pierre Carrée offers the highest and snowiest Nordic area in the Alps.
– 360 ° panoramic vision, extraordinary natural spectacle at the top of Tête des Saix (2118 m) or Grands Vans (2204 m). Looking south you will see the majestic Mont Blanc and Aiguille du Midi.
– The “Cascades” walk, 14 km of happiness: a walk as there are few in the alpine resorts. Grand Panorama at the top, incomparable length of its route in the middle of the pines, the blue run The Cascades crosses, far from any ski lift, the combe of Gers and the Sixt Fer à Cheval nature reserve. Access from Flaine (with a package Grand Massif therefore): Take the cable car Grandes Platières (arrival at the highest point of the field, 2480 m above sea level) then follow along the ridge Serpentine blue track that is already, she – even a few kilometers and do not miss the small blue sign on the right, where you can read: Les Cascades. Bon voyage … On arrival, a free shuttle will take you from Sixt Fer à Cheval on Samoëns and Morillon to return to Les Carroz.
– The green walk of Marvel: From the summit of the chairlift des Molliets, you can of course go down to Les Carroz but you can also take a blue slope, L’Arête and go back down to Morillon by the green track of Marvel which totals 5 kilometers. Then let yourself slide gently in the middle of a century-old pine forest. A beautiful ride that will delight the whole family. A moment “Marveilleux”.