La Tania Ski Property for Sale
La Tania The Ski Resort
It is at the heart of the largest ski area in the world, Les 3 Vallées (Savoie), halfway between Courchevel and Méribel and nestled in the forest, that we find the youngest ski resort La Tania (created in 1990) famous for being a pedestrian resort.
Human-sized, the resort designed by renowned architect Jacques Labro, consists of traditional chalets, residences and hotels all clad with wood for that Alpine look. Perched at an altitude of 1400 m high, La Tania, labelled Eco-friendly ski resort, manages to integrate harmoniously with its natural site.
Easily accessible (25 minutes from Moûtiers – TGV train station and 1h30 from Chambéry airports / 2h from Lyon airport and 2h15 from Geneva airport), La Tania, entirely pedestrian resort, mainly attracts families looking for a relaxing stay in the mountain (children can play freely and safely, whether on foot, on skis or sledging).
Placed under the Rocher de la Loze (2526 m high), and directly connected to its nearest neighbour Courchevel Ski Property for Sale with whom it shares a forested ski area (Jockey black and red Murettes pistes), the ski slopes of La Tania are few, satisfying mostly the beginners (two green runs, one short and one longer and two blue runs) but they open quick access to the largest ski area in the world: the 3 Valleys and its 600 km of slopes!
► The Alpine ski area
The ski area of La Tania offers tracks mainly for beginners with the Zen Zone located on the snow front (free ski lift of the Troika), Zen Zone Montania located at the arrival of the gondola La Tania, a beautiful green slope ( Plan Fontaine) and finally the long blue run of Folyères (the magic of sliding with the family, without stress through the spruces).
By extension and thanks to its quick and direct access to the ski area of the 3 Valleys (105 km² area: the equivalent of the area of Paris), the ski area of La Tania extends over 330 tracks (37 black, 107 red, 137 blue and 53 green) for a total of 600 km of ski-in / ski-out pistes on the edge of the Vanoise National Park: 1,512 hectares of maintained trails in the heart of 45,000 hectares of nature. It is not less than 62 000 m of cumulative elevation that open to spatulas from the top of the slopes at 3230 m under Pointe du Bouchet to the outlying area of Saint Bon at 1100 m. The pistes are served by 166 lifts and the snowpack is guaranteed by more than 2 100 snowguns.
Intermediate and sporty skiers are spoiled for choice in front of the vastness and variety of the 3 Vallées ski area: immediate boarding via the La Tania gondola, then the Bouc Blanc chairlift to switch to the Courchevel slope or the chairlift Dou Lanches to slip side Meribel.
Isolating the best ski slopes in the 3 Vallées ski area is a challenge because the range of possibilities is wide. Let’s try only to get out of the lot.
First of all, the red Combe du Vallon trail accessible via the Mont Vallon chairlift on the Méribel – Mottaret 1750 sector: a sustained slope, a 3km long track, relatively demanding and often bumpy for a technical and motivating ski.
On the slope of Courchevel, a track not to miss: the red Combe de la Saulire, a must for lovers of carving. Often supported, sometimes playful and quiet, it allows to chain 1400 m of unevenness on a wide route.
On the side of Les Ménuires this time and for the intermediate skiers, the direction the blue track Grand Lake at the arrival of the summit of the 3 Marches, alternating beautiful curves, good little schuss on a wide field at will.
Finally, on the sector of Val Thorens, the inevitable black track of the Combe Caron: steep on the first section, passing by a small neck and followed by large valleys, it requires endurance and technical mastery!
► Snowparks and play areas of La Tania
If the Tania does not have real play areas, a few minutes of skiing are enough to reach its nearby neighbour Courchevel where Western Ski Park, Snake Park, Fun Park, Family Park, the Carabosse Trail or the Indian Trail await you … So many spaces scripted and arranged for always more glide and fun!
► Cross-country skiing and Nordic activities at La Tania
La Tania also offers the opportunity to escape through the forest, time for a Nordic ski outing. Several possible routes:
– The red piste Le Loup Blanc (8 km return / 300 m elevation gain, for initiated skiers).
– Courchevel La Tania red piste – Méribel Altiport (18 km round trip / 520 m elevation gain, for trained skiers: uphill start on a forest path).
– And finally a red slope of 13.5 km round trip (360 m of elevation gain) connecting La Tania to Courchevel 1850.
Note the possibility of using inter-station shuttles to avoid returns.
For snowshoeing, two routes from La Tania allow you to enjoy the large wooded areas that surround the resort:
– The Chevreuils circuit (2h, 5 km one way, 191 m of elevation gain) to reach Courchevel – Le Praz (return or shuttle or by the same route).
– The path of La Clairière des Teppes leading to a beautiful clearing which invites you to a picnic break (2h, 5 km return, 170 m elevation gain).
– For families: first test the Zen Zone (snow front and at the arrival of the La Tania gondola) then take the time to ski the long blue run of Folyères (the magic of sliding with family, without stress at through the spruces).
– For amateur sports carving skiers, start on the red runway Combe de la Saulire on the Courchevel side: 1400 m vertical drop on a wide route.
– And for skiers with legs of steel, dare the black track of the Combe Caron for a challenge facing the slope: endurance and technical mastery obliged!