La Plagne The Ski resort
La Plagne is a family resort ideal for winter and summer sports, located in Savoie and located between 1250 and 3250 meters high. For more than 50 years, La Plagne has gained international renown thanks to its vast ski area all levels of 225 kilometres of slopes. Since 2003, La Plagne is a part of Paradiski (the ski area which connects it with the neighbouring resorts of Les Arcs and Peisey-Vallandry).
When you buy a ski property in La Plagne it is also access to 1 snow park, 128 pistes, 225kms of pistes and of course direct access to one of the biggest ski areas in the world: Paradiski.
Méribel – The ski resort
When you wish to buy a new ski property in La Plagne resort, it is in fact a choice of 10 separate ski resorts:
– 6 mountain resorts (Aime la Plagne, Plagne Belle Plagne, Plagne Villages / Sun, Plagne Bellecote, Plagne Center and Plagne 1800), all located directly at the foot of the slopes, connected free between them from 8:00 to midnight, allowing holidays without a car
– 4 village resorts (Champagny en Vanoise, Plagne Montalbert, Montchavin and Les Coches) giving access to the entire ski area.
From the traditional village to the village of altitude, Plagne has more than 53,387 beds spread over its 10 destinations, spread between 1250 and 2100 meters.
La Plagne ski area
► The alpine ski area
La Plagne is also and above all a ski area in the heart of Paradiski.
From 1200 to 3250 meters above sea level, Paradiski is a varied ski area of 425 km of pistes, aimed at all levels of skiing enthusiasts: from novices to experienced ones.
The second largest ski area in the world, it is one of the largest interconnected ski areas, linking the resorts of Les Arcs / Peisey-Vallandry and La Plagne, thanks to the Vanoise Express (the largest cable car in the world).
This ski paradise, huge and amazing for its diversity, allows to discover a wide range of villages and different atmospheres, to go from the snowpark to the glaciers, from the forest to the fields of powder snow.
With 70% of the ski slopes above 2,000 meters above sea level and one of the most modern snow networks in the world, Paradiski guarantees optimal snow conditions from December to April.
► Snowparks and play areas of La Plagne
The La Plagne snowpark is located in the Belle-Plagne sector and consists of 2 freestyle zones that allow everyone to evolve on modules of different levels of practice:
– Le Petit Park: Accessible from the top of the Col de Forcle ski lift, this area is intended for beginners or young people who want to try jumps safely.
– The Gros Park: Located above Belle Plagne, this 2.5 hectare area is made up of 4 zones, which makes it accessible for skiers with little experience in freestyle disciplines, to the most professional of visitors.
Twenty modules including rails, tables, S, wave and other Fun Box are proposed and evolve regularly so that visitors always have the pleasure of discovering the site.
The Snowpark also includes a big air bag, a half pipe, a half pipe pro, and bordercross …
Moreover, on Montalbert, the freestyle Airbag Dare2Be welcomes you for the full of sensations (the AirBag is located near the snow front of Montalbert, next to the toboggan run).
Finally, note that Montalbert offers a fun area in which you will find different modules (bumps, boardercross, rails, tables, parallel slalom …) to introduce you to a new type of skiing, at your own pace, on a secure space.
► Nordic ski area of La Plagne
Labeled “4 nordiques” for the quality of the slopes, its environment, services and the diversity of activities, the Nordic site of Champagny le Haut includes 23 km of trails and maintained for fans of skating or alternative.
For its part, Plagne Montalbert has 20 km of cross-country routes on 3 levels and more than 40 km of Nordic walking or snowshoeing routes. Finally, Montchavin Les Coches has 16 km of cross-country ski trails, from 1500m (blue level).
Après-ski in La Plagne
► Off-ski activities in La Plagne
At La Plagne, skiers or non-skiers are filled by the variety of activities. From adrenaline junkies to contemplative minds, everyone finds happiness.
Looking for thrills, extreme activities, you will find your happiness among the following engaged activities: snow quad, snowmobile, paragliding, giant zip line …
Less reckless, you can fall back on a downhill swow racer, snake gliss or more simply sled on the 1500 meters of Colorado Park …
Finally, for a moment of relaxation after a good day of skiing, opt for a body care, a series of massages and beauty treatments in one of the many health centers and spa.
But La Plagne is also … a Bobsleigh Olympic track … an artificial structure and natural waterfalls for climbing … the Slalom Jean-Luc Crétier Stadium … and everything you may require a station of great renown!
► The Plagne bobsleigh track (unique in France)
Built during the 1992 Albertville Olympics, the sporting vocation of the track was accompanied by the development of tourist descents, spearheading the post-ski activities of the resort. From mid-December to April, tourists can experience the sensation of sliding between 80 and 120 km / h in 3 dedicated machines.
The descent can be done in Bob Raft (a self-guided and self-braking machine with a capacity of 4 passengers), in Speed Luge (a single-seater sled where the passenger is in a semi-recumbent position at ground level on the back) or even in Bob Racing (a bobsleigh revisited for tourists with a capacity of 3 people who take place behind a professional driver).
Our recommendations for your stay in La Plagne
► The must-haves of La Plagne
– A descent to 120 km / h on the only bobsleigh track in France
– For those who need quiet and wide tracks and who apprehend the cohabitation with the fast skiers, they will be able to evolve in all relaxation on the tracks Serenity.
– The last trace in airboard: A descent of about 1 hour in airboard (snowboarding) in group, at the closing of the tracks at Plagne-Montalbert.
– The Igloo Village: Near Plagne Soleil, Edouard and Sylvain founders of Blacksheep offer tourists the unique experience of an igloo dinner and night in a dormitory or intimate atmosphere.
– Introduction to ice climbing on the structure of Champagny en Vanoise.